How to cook Bohol’s Hinalang na Manok
Hinalang na Manok or Chicken Hinalang Recipe believed to originate from Bohol province, this super spicy dish is a combination of native chicken cooked in coconut milk with plenty of chili (bird’s eye pepper), mixed with onion, ginger and peppercorns (pamintang bilog).
Chicken Hinalang‘s blend of coconut milk and the spicy taste of Chili’s makes the sauce so delectable that will surely make you eat plenty of rice. Hinalang na Manok is truly a mouth-watering Filipino food that will surely perk you up.
Chicken Hinalang Ingredients
- 1 whole Native chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium size ginger, sliced
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns (Pamintang bilog)
- 3 Red Hot Chilis (Siling Haba)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste (optional)
- 1 bundle lemongrass (Tanglad)