How to cook Chicken Afritada
Chicken Afritada Recipe, also known as Apritadang Manok. Afritada is one of those tomato sauce based stews that many Filipinos believed have been introduced in the Philippines by the Spaniards. Chicken Afritada is so popular and loved by many Filipinos, that’s why most Karinderias in the Philippines sell this dish. The reason Chicken Afritada is popular because it is delicious and an easy-to-make homestyle dish, it may look similar to Menudo and Caldereta but it is totally different in terms of taste.
This version of Chicken Afritada is much easier to make, we used Choice Cuts Chicken Legs, no need to cut the chicken and we used ready made tomato sauce, so there’s no need to cut a lot of tomatoes, saving you more time and less effort in your cooking process.
Try this PinoyRecipe version of Chicken Afritada Recipe and give us your feedback.
Chicken Afritada Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo chicken, Choice Cuts Chicken Leg
- 4 pieces potatoes, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 pcs bell pepper, small sized and sliced
- 1/4 kilo carrots, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
- 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil or Cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste