How to cook Cathedral Windows
Cathedral Windows Recipe is a Christmas dessert with different colored jello embedded in the creamy mold. The name obviously derive from the appearance of the dessert, but some also call this Stained Glass dessert. This Filipino dessert is made famous by Goldilocks Bakeshop in the Philippines.
We used the Ferna brand Gelatin because the other brands that we tried was a failure, the creamy mold could not hold the embedded jello’s or you can use the Knox brand but a little more expensive.
Try this PinoyRecipe version of Cathedral Windows Recipe and give us your feedback.
Cathedral Windows Ingredients:
- Ferna Grape Flavored Gelatin, 1 pack (100g )
- Ferna Strawberry Flavored Gelatin, 1 pack (100g )
- Ferna Pandan Flavored Gelatin, 1 pack (100g)
- Boiling Water, 3 cups
- Tap Water, 3 cups
Base or Binder Gelatin:
- Ferna Unflavored Gelatin, 7 tbsp
- 3 Egg Yolks
- Water, 1/2 cup
- 2 cups whipping cream
- White Sugar, 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp Kalamansi juice or Lemon juice