How to make Lumpiang Bangus?
Lumpiang Bangus or Milkfish Spring Rolls is basically prepared by boiling the fish. Most cooks classify this dish as easy to prepare. Lumpiang Bangus is another delicious variant of the famous Filipino Lumpia recipes, we already covered a number of Lumpia varieties in our previous post such as Lumpiang Sariwa, Lumpiang Togue, Lumpiang Pritong Tokwa, Lumpiang Ubod, Chicken Lumpia, and the most famous lumpia of all Lumpiang Shanghai.
This delicious Filipino dish, Lumpiang Bangus is not popular in the Philippines due to the belief that fish is not a good substitute for pork. For certain individuals, especially those who have Hypertension, this is a nutritious substitute to Lumpiang Shanghai. Other types of fish can be used for this recipe such as Galungong, Yellow fin tuna, Tanigue, or you can experiment with other types of fishes.
Best served with sweet chili sauce. This recipe is a must try!
Lumpiang Bangus Ingredients:
- 2 Medium sized Bangus (Milkfish), we recommend boneless, but for the budget conscious you can buy the regular bangus or milkfish
- 1/4 cup onion leaves, chopped
- 3 medium onions (or shallots)
- 3 Tomatoes, chopped
- Vegetable oil or Canola Oil for frying
- 2 cups Rice Noodles ( Bihon or Sotanghon )
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30 Lumpia wrappers
- Fish Sauce (patis) to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Carrots
- 1 egg, beaten