Apan-apan is an Ilonggo favorite and an authentic dish in the Ilonggo region. It is closest to Adobong kangkong, a famous dish in the Tagalog region. As an Ilonggo I would say that Apan-apan is much more flavorful and mouthwatering because of Ginamos.
Ginamos is very close to Bagoong Alamang but a far cry from bagoong. Apan-apan Recipe is very easy and simple to cook, great for a quick meal. Prepare more rice when you cook this dish, you will surely crave for more!
- Kangkong (River Spinach) 1 bunch or tali.
- 3 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Medium sized Onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoons of Guinamos (Shrimp paste) or Bago-ong Alamang
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Cooking Oil
- Green hot pepper, sliced (optional)