Last Updated on
How to cook Taba ng Talangka Rice or Talangkanin
Taba ng Talangka Rice Recipe is a Filipino dish that is bursting with the flavors of the crabs, this recipe is considered to be another version of Paella.
But you have to be cautious on eating Taba ng talangka because it can increase your cholesterol level. Cholesterol is a substance that our body needs to function properly. It is normally present in our blood and in the foods we eat and if our cholesterol levels are too high, the risk of heart disease increases.
Taba ng Talangka is a crab fat also known as “aligue” in Tagalog, which is an excellent appetizer. Learn how to cook Taba ng Talangka Rice Recipe; the cooking procedure is very easy.
You can also try the famous Filipino fried rice, Sinangag Recipe.
Taba ng Talangka Rice Ingredients and Procedure:
Taba ng Talangka Rice Recipe
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 tbsp Canola cooking oil
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp taba ng talangka crab fat
- 100 g shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup tinapa flakes
- 1/2 cup squid rings
- 3 pcs bay leaf
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 2 pcs hard boiled eggs sliced
- scallions sliced
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Saute ginger, garlic, onions until fragrant.
- Stir in Taba ng talangka or Aligue, shrimps, bay leaf, tinapa flakes and squid rings.
- Cook until seafood changes in color or for about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Add rice and green peas. Mix well and continue to cook until rice is completely heated.
- Garnish with sliced hard boiled eggs and scallions on top.
- Serve immediately.
Also try Ham and Egg Fried Rice:
Taba ng Talangka Rice is a Filipino dish that is bursting with the flavors of the talangka crabs. You could also add some spice to this dish y adding red pepper flakes to make it more appetizing and flavorful.
Learn the Top 10 Health Benefits of Garlic.