Last Updated on July 9, 2012 by Ed Joven
Golden Fruitcake Recipe is made from Natural sun-dried raisins, apricots, walnuts, red and green cherries in a sweet yellow cake.
Fruit cake or fruitcake is a cake made with chopped candied fruit and/or dried fruit, nuts, and spices, and (optionally) soaked in spirits. A cake that simply has fruit in it as an ingredient can also be colloquially called a fruit cake.
Yields: 1 Bundt cake or 2 loaf cakes
Golden Fruitcake Ingredients:
- 1 package (1 pound 2.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups California raisins
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) green maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup broken walnuts
Golden Fruitcake Cooking Instructions:
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Generously grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan or 2 (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans.
- Combine cake mix, sour cream and eggs in large bowl. Mix at low speed until well combined.
- Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350F for 55 to 60 minutes for Bundt cake or for 50 to 55 minutes for loaf cakes, or until top is deep golden brown.
- DO NOT UNDERBAKE.
- Cool slightly in pan. Remove from pan onto cooling rack.
- Cool completely. Brush top of cake with light corn syrup, if desired.
- Wrap tightly in foil. Store in refrigerator.
Here’s the ready to serve Filipino Style Golden Fruitcake
Please let us know your feedback about this famous Golden Fruitcake Recipe