How to cook Ube Crinkles Cookies
Ube Crinkle Recipe are pudgy and super soft cookies rolled in confectioners sugar, flavored by the famous Ube Halaya and baked to perfection. These Ube Crinkle cookies are so easy to make and always came out so yummy, the only hard part in making these cookies is waiting for about 6 hours to chill before you can bake it.
These Ube crinkles are great any time of the year, the kids love it and can be a good source of income because many are already doing business making these cookies.
You gotta try these cookies, I’m sure your kids and the kids at heart will come back for more.
Ube Crinkles Cookies Ingredients:
- 3/4 cups white or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Ube Halaya (purple yam jam)
- 1 teaspoons ube extract
- Violet food color gel, (optional)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup Confectioner “powdered sugar”, for coating
Ube Crinkles Instructions:
- In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar and canola oil and whisk until well combined.
- Add the Ube Halaya and whisk until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time and continue mixing, add in ube extract, violet food coloring and mix well until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Add the sifted dry ingredients into the ube mixture gradually and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until the dough is firm enough to handle, at least 6 hours or more.
- When the cookie dough is ready, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (use a good quality parchment paper so it won’t stick at the bottom of your crinkles).
- Divide dough into two, each portion makes a dozen of 1-inch cookie balls.
- Lightly greased your hands with oil for an easier handle.
- Deep and roll each cookie ball in powdered sugar and generously coat them.
- Place about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes or until springy when touched lightly and the tops are cracked.
- Allow it to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack and let it cool completely before storing.
Ube Crinkle Recipe are pudgy and super soft cookies rolled in confectioners sugar and flavored by Ube Halaya.
Related Filipino Recipes:
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: