How to cook Turon or Banana Spring Rolls
If you love Maruya for snacks or breakfast then try this Filipino Turon Recipe also known as lumpiang saging, it is a deep fried caramelized banana spring rolls made of thinly sliced bananas preferably saba or Cardaba bananas and a slice of jackfruit, dusted with brown sugar, rolled in a spring roll wrapper then deep fried.
Turon is one of the popular street food in the Philippines sold along side with banana cue, camote cue, and maruya.
Turon or Banana Spring Rolls Ingredients
- 8 pcs Saging na Saba (Cardava bananas in english), sliced in half lengthwise
- 8 pcs ripe Jackfruit
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 12 pcs spring roll wrapper
- 2 cups cooking oil
Turon Recipe or Banana Spring Rolls Cooking Instructions
- Roll the banana on a plate with brown sugar and make sure that the banana is coated with enough sugar
- Place the sugar coated banana in the spring roll wrapper then add ripe jackfruit.
- Fold the spring roll wrapper and use water to seal the edge.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and add some brown sugar. Wait until the brown sugar caramelized or floats
- Add the wrapped banana and fry until the wrapper turns golden brown and the extra sugar sticks on wrapper
- Serve hot with an iced cold softdrink.
If you love Maruyafor snacks or breakfast then try this Filipino Turon Recipe
Turon Recipe is one of the popular street food in the Philippines sold along side with banana cue, camote cue, and maruya.
Related Filipino Recipes:
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: