The Top 10 Health Benefits of Mango
Mangoes could be distinguished as the king of all fruits. Actually this is the Philippines’ national fruit. With its refreshing and sweet taste, you can gain more from what you eat with mangoes. Why? Because it could help fight cancer, aid weight loss, regulate diabetes, clean your skin, alkalize the body, help your body in the process of digestion, and make the perfect snack.
See below nutritional chart for mango:
One cup of mangoes which is 225 grams contains the following nutrients :
- 105 calories
- 76% vitamin C which helps as antioxidant and boosts immunity
- 25% vitamin A which is also an antioxidant and improves vision
- 11% vitamin B6 plus other B vitamins which can improve hormone production in brain and heart disease prevention
- 9% healthy probiotic fibre
- 9% copper wherein it is a co-factor for many vital enzymes plus production of red blood cells
- 7% potassium (to balance out our high sodium intake)
- 4% magnesium
Here are the list of some healthy reasons why you should eat mango every day:
- Mangoes help fight cancer. Antioxidants like astragalin, gallic acid, quercetin, isoquercitrin, fisetin, and methylgallat are present in mango that helps protect the body against leukemia, colon, breast and prostate cancers.
- Mangoes provide high iron for women. Mango, being rich in iron, is a great natural solution for people suffering from anemia. Menopausal and pregnant women can eat mangoes as this will increase their iron levels and calcium.
- Mangoes reduce kidney stones. Mangoes taste sweet and sour and it has also a cooling energy effet wherein it is capable of reducing the risk of kidney stone formation according to Chinese medicine.
- Mangoes keep cholesterol in check. Mango has a high level of vitamin C, pectin and fibers that helps lower serum cholesterol levels. Fresh mango is rich in potassium, which is an important component of the cell and body fluids. This helps control heart rate and blood pressure.
- Mangoes help in digestion. Mango contains enzymes that help in breaking down protein. The fibrous nature of mango is rich in vitamins. With it’s high in pre-biotic dietary fibre and minerals that will help in digestion.
- Mangoes alkalize the body. Mango is high in malic acid. It is also rich in tartaric acid and traces of citric acid that mainly helps in maintaining the alkali reserve of the body.
- Mangoes strengthen your immune system. The combination of vitamin C, A and 25 different types of carotenoids helps keep your immune system healthy.
- Mangoes could help in weight loss. Mango boosts the digestive function of your body by burning extra calories that helps in weight loss.
- Mangoes help prevent heat stroke. Is summer too hot? Just chop a mango in a juicer; add a little water and a tablespoon of sugar or honey. This juice will immediately cool you down. It will also help prevent the occurrence heat stroke.
- Mangoes aid concentration and memory. Memorizing for your play? Studying for examinations and quizzes? Or you have children who find it difficult to concentrate on studies? This fruit is full of glutamine acid which is an important protein for concentration and memory.
is rich in pre-biotic dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and poly-phenolic flavonoid
antioxidant compounds. According to new research study, mango fruit has been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers. Several trial studies suggest that polyphenolic anti-oxidant
compounds in mango are known to offer protection against breast and colon cancers.
Below are collection of Mango Fruit Recipes:
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: