GD Star Rating
Tinolang Tahong (Mussels Soup) is a soup made with plump mussels steamed in ginger root, spinachÂ and a bit of Onion.Â Â This is a simple Filipino way of cooking tahong or mussels.
Tinolang Tahong Ingredients:
1 kilo tahong, mussel
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced into strips
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 1 bundle kangkong tops, trimmed
- 2-3 pieces green sili
- cooking oil
Tinolang Tahong Cooking Instructions:
Tinolang Tahong Recipe (Mussels Soup),
- Wash mussels and place in a bowl, cover with water and let sit in for several hours to allow the mussels to expel dirt and discard water, wash and drain.
- In a pan sautÃ© garlic, ginger and onion. Pour 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Add mussels and allow water to boil once more and simmer until the shells start to open,
- Add in kangkong and green sili , simmer for another 2-3 minutes or until done.
- Serve hot.
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Recommended Filipino Recipe Books:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipes:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>