How to cook Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Sweet and Sour Recipe are famously known as a Chinese dish and the most popular versions are the pork, chicken and shrimp used as the main ingredient. However, in this recipe we are going to prepare an equally appetizing and delectable dish as its famous counterparts, it is the Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe.
Cooking this is certainly quick and easy and the condiments used are almost available in your kitchen such as vinegar, tomato sauce, sugar, and cornstarch. Since kids just love meatballs or locally known here in the Philippines as “Bola-Bola”, this Meatballs Sweet and Sour Recipe will absolutely be a hit and probably the next favorite main dish to serve for the whole family.
You can make the meatballs from scratch, but if you prefer, there are ready-made frozen meatballs available on the market with varieties of ground beef, chicken and pork to choose from.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs Ingredients
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 T. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooking oil for frying
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 small bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 pork broth cube
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Sweet and Sour Meatballs Instructions:
- Mix all the Meatballs ingredients together except for the cooking oil, mix thoroughly and form into 1-1/2-inch balls.
- Heat a frying pan then pour-in 1 cup of cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, pan-fry the ball-shaped mixture until the outer side turns brown.
- Once done, turn off the heat and transfer the fried meatballs on a plate or bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a separate frying pan then pour-in 2 tablespoon oil.
- Sauté the garlic.
- Add the onions, sliced carrot, bell peppers, pork broth cube, black ground pepper soy sauce and stir well.
- Put-in the tomato sauce, Vinegar, brown sugar, and water then stir. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the pineapple chunks and cook for 1 minute
- Dilute cornstarch in 3 tablespoons of water, add into the sauce mixture and mix well.
- Let it boil until sauce is thicken.
- Add the pan-fried meatballs into the sauce, mix into the sauce then turn off the heat.
Related Filipino Recipes:
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: