How to make Sinuglaw or Grilled Pork Belly and Tuna Kilawin
Sinuglaw is a very popular appetizer dish in many restaurants in Cebu and Davao, ideal as pulutan. It is a mixture of Grilled Pork Belly or Sinugbang Baboy Liempo cut into small pieces and fresh Tuna with vinegar and vegetables. The name “Sinuglaw” came from the Visayan word Sinugba means Grill and Kinilaw which means means to cook by soaking in vinegar and spices.
Sinuglaw Recipe is a fusion of two different dishes Fish Kinilaw and Pork Sinugba. To the eyes, it is kinilaw ( with fish tuna) topped with grilled pork belly. The contrast of two dishes makes it very explosive. Tangy yet sumptuous, spicy and creamy, savory and moist.
Sinuglaw is a must-try dish when you visit the Philippines or you can just follow this recipe.
- 1/2 kilo grilled pork belly ( Inihaw na Liempo ), chopped
- 1/2 kilo fresh Tuna meat, cut into cubes
- 2 cups cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cup Cane Vinegar or Coconut vinegar
- 1 medium sized red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, julienned
- 4 pieces finger chilies, sliced
- 3 pcs Calamansi or 1 pc lemon
- 4 to 6 pieces Siling Haba ( Bird’s eye chili ), chopped
- Salt to taste
Sinuglaw Cooking Instructions
- In large bowl place the Tuna meat and add 1/2 cup of vinegar then marinate for 10 minutes.
- Drain the vinegar then add cucumber, onion, ginger, finger chili, Bird’s eye chili, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Squeeze the calamansi or lemon until all the juices are extracted then add the remaining 3/4 cup vinegar. Mix well and soak for another 10 minutes.
- Now add the chopped Grilled pork belly and mix well.
- Place the mixture inside the refrigerator for one hour.
- To serve, check the seasoning and add more salt if necessary then transfer to a serving plate then serve.
Here’s the delicious Sinuglaw Recipe ready to be served.
Sinuglaw is a must-try dish another quality Filipino Food from PinoyRecipe.net
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Champagne Cocktail Recipes for New Year’s Eve >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>