GD Star Rating
Sinigang is a Philippine dish famous for the variety of ingredients. Sinigang often incorporates fish, pork, chicken, shrimp, or beef. This time we’ll use Shrimp for our recipe. Sinigang’s characteristic taste is attributed to the ingredient that gives its sour taste and most commonly use ingredient is Tamarind or Sampalok for its sour taste.
Estimated preparation and cooking time: 50 minutes
Sinigang na Hipon Ingredients:
- 1 Kilo Shrimp
- 12 pcs Tamarind (Sampaloc) or 1 pack Sinigang Mix
- 1 big Onion (diced)
- 3 big tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 pieces Radish (sliced)
- 1 bundle Sitaw (Strringbeans)
- 1 bundle Kangkong (cut into 2″ long)
- 3 pieces long green pepper
- 5 cups ricewash or water
- Salt or Patis (fish sauce)
Sinigang na Hipon Cooking Instructions:
- Boil Tamarind in rice wash or water to soften.
- Pound and extract all juices and set aside.
- In a casserole, boil rice wash or water, Tamarind juice, onions, tomatoes and Radish.
- Lower fire, add in Shrimps, Kangkong, Sitaw and green long pepper.
- simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt or patis.
- Serve hot.
Sinigang na Hipon Recipe (Pinoy Style Shrimp in Sour Soup),
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Soup RecipesTake stock with 199 of the best soups.
You'll find a surprising number of ways to stir up hearty kettles of soup that will warm you inside and out.
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Kwek Kwek Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>