GD Star Rating
Try this mouth watering Sinigang na Baboy
Have you eaten Sinigang na Baboy? Well, if you haven’t – I might tell you that you missed one of the best Filipino dish. Sinigang na Baboy is a sour soup native to the Philippines. There are several ingredients that can be used as a souring agent.
The most common souring ingredients are tamarind fruit or known as sampaloc, other fruits such as guava, tomato, green mango, pineapple, and wild mangosteen or santol can also be used to make the sinigang taste sour. This particular soup dish uses pork as the main ingredient.
If you follow these directions it will be an awesome taste experience for you!
Sinigang na Baboy Ingredients:
- 1 kilo Pork into small chunk cubes (you can now buy Pork Sinigang cut in Supermarkets)
- 2 medium size onion, quartered
- 2 medium size tomato, quartered
- 1 radish, sliced diagonally
- 4 gabi (taro root), cubed
- 2 medium size eggplant, sliced diagonally
- 1 bundle sitaw, cut into 2 inches length
- 1 bundle kangkong leaves
- 2 tbsp Sampaloc / Tamarind Sinigang mix
- 3 Siling haba
- Salt or Patis
Sinigang na Baboy Cooking Instructions:
- Wash the pork cubes thoroughly. Put in a large pot, cover with enough water then let it stay there for 5 to 10 minutes, this process will lessen the scum that rises to the surface when you boil the meat. Now throw the reddish water after minutes.
- Add water again enough to cover the meat and bring to a boil, and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until pork meat are tender. Take out all scum that rises to the surface. To add more water, make sure you add boiling water not just tap water, adding tap water will cause the meat shrink back.
- When the meat is already tender add gabi (taro root), and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until gabi are tender and start to disintegrate.
- Add onion, tomato and sinigang mix and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Season with salt or patis (fish sauce). Add in eggplant, sitaw, and radish, cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Then add kangkong leaves and sili haba. Cook for another 2 minutes or until vegetables are cooked. Serve hot.
Sinigang na Baboy is one of the most favorite dishes that Filipino’s love.
Sinigang na Baboy Recipe,
, vegetable recipe
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Pininyahang Manok with Gata Recipe >>
Join our Christmas Giveaway!
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>