GD Star Rating
How to cook Sinangag or Filipino Garlic Fried Rice
Sinangag Recipe is the Filipino version of Fried Rice only containing garlic and is often a breakfast fixture. Sinangag is often part of the Si-Log meal such as TapSiLog, LongSiLog, HotSiLog and more. Sinangag is made from cold rice that has already been cooked by boiling, most use leftover rice and other leftover ingredients when cooked at home.
This version of Sinangag Recipe has a slight twist, we added a little of cabbage, carrots and scallions stem.
Try this PinoyRecipe version of Sinangag Recipe and give us your feedback.
- 4 cups of leftover rice; cold and well preserved
- 1 small Carrot chopped
- 1/4 cup Cabbage chopped
- 6 cloves garlic; minced
- Olive oil or Cooking Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon stems of scallions; chopped
- 2 well beaten eggs; fried and sliced in pieces
- 1/4 cup leftover Luncheon Meat or Ham
Sinangag Cooking Instructions:
- Saute’ garlic and when browned, add the Luncheon Meat or Ham, and salt to taste.
- Turn to high heat, then add rice and thoroughly mix well for 5 minutes with the other ingredients.
- Add the eggs (optional) and scallions. Continue mixing until all ingredients are well blended.
- Salt and pepper in preference to your taste.
- Remove from fire and serve.
Sinangag Cooking Tips:
- Meat ingredients that you can add to Sinangag are Luncheon Meat, Ham, Fried fish, Bacon, Tocino, Hotdog, Sausage, Corned beef, etc.
- Vegetable ingredients that you can add to Sinangag are Green peas, Onion, Carrots, Potato, Tomato, etc.
Sinangag Recipe ,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Baked Leche Flan Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>