Rellenong Alimasag Recipe or stuffed crabs dish is the Pinoy version of Stuffed Crabs, the difficult part in preparing this dish is collecting the meat from the crab shells and claws including meat from the legs. But now you can buy crab meat in the supermarkets. The collected meats are then sauteed and stuffed to the shell.
Preparation and cooking time: 45 mins
Rellenong Alimasag Recipe Ingredients:
- 5-6 pieces alimasag, big variety, boiled
- 2 tbsps. cooking oil
- 1 cup potatoes, boiled and diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 piece long red chili (siling pansigang), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs to coat
- 2 cups Canola cooking oil for deep frying
Rellenong Alimasag Cooking Instructions:
- Scoop out all alimasag meat and reserve empty shells.
- In hot oil, saute tomatoes and onions
- Add potato and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the Crab or alimasag meat and long red chili then cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix well and remove pan from flame. Cool.
- Brush a little beaten egg into each crab shell.
- Once the mixture cools down, combine it with breadcrumbs and eggs, mix it well.
- Pack the crab shell with cooled stuffing.
- Heat oil for frying then deep fry the stuffed crab shells
- Keep the shell bottom up while frying.
- When done remove from pan and drain.
- Serve hot with Rice.
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Suman sa Ibos Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>