GD Star Rating
How to cook Filipino Polvoron
This Polvoron recipe is a classic, there other different flavors like Pinipig, Peanut, Pili, Chocolate, Cookies & Creme, and Cashew.
Polvoron is very popular in the Philippines, it is made of flour, sugar butter and powdered milk. You can find it in the Sari-sari store and even in the shopping malls, one big bakeshop that sells it is Goldilocks. Polvoron is very easy to cook all you have to do is toast the flour, add some milk and butter then all the ingredients are mixed and shaped into round or oval-shaped molds.
Polvoron over the years has become one of the most loved sweet Filipino delicacy.
Filipino Polvoron Ingredients:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups powdered full cream milk ( Nido)
- 1 1/2 cup or 1/4 bar melted butter
- 2 cups sugar ( we recommend confectioners sugar )
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon
- Japanese paper (papel de hapon) or cellophane
- Polvoron molder
Polvoron Cooking Instructions:
- On a pan, toast flour in moderate heat for about 15 minutes, or until light brown, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Remove the pan and transfer the mixture into a big bowl.
- Add the powdered milk, and toss for another 3-4 minutes, then add sugar and melted butter. Mix well using the wooden spoon.
- Fill the Polvoron mould with the mixture, press it hard by using a spoon, then release it. If it is still too loose, add more butter or olive oil. Make sure that you could pick up the polvoron without it crumbling straight away.
- Place the Polvoron in an airtight container, then chill in the fridge until firm.
- Carefully wrap the polvoron individually in japanese paper or cellophane.
- Keep the Polvoron refrigerated until you want to eat them. You can store them on the fridge for about a week, or you can freeze them.
Filipino Polvoron Recipe,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Arroz Valenciana Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>