How to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe is a delectable dessert and surprisingly easy to make. This classic cake recipe is light and fluffy with rich caramelized canned pineapple sweetness. The cake is baked together with the pineapple slices in the bottom of the pan and when it is cooked, it is then inverted onto a large plate so that it takes hold of the pineapple juice and the pineapple slices will appear at the top of the cake.
This Pineapple Upside Down Cake is just so enticing that makes an excellent centerpiece for special occasions and knowing that pineapples are so nutritious which is rich in minerals and Vitamin C, it is good for the entire family. Get this all-star, easy-to-follow recipe from Filipino Recipes Portal.
Filipino Pineapple Upside Down Cake Ingredients
- 6 Pineapple slices, drain and set aside the juice
- 6 Cherries
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter
- 7 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Fresh whole milk
- 1/4 cup Pineapple juice
- 1 large egg
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Instructions:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F/176C .
- Place the butter in 8-inch round bake pan then put in the oven to melt.
- Remove pan with melted butter from oven and sprinkle brown sugar, tilt to make sure to coat bottom of bake pan evenly.
- Put-in pineapple slices and arrange over the bottom of pan and put cherry on the center of pineapple slices and set aside.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together then set aside.
- Using a mixing bowl, beat sugar, egg and shortening until smooth.
- Add-in pineapple juice, Fresh milk and beat on a slow speed for 1 minute.
- Add-in all the dry ingredients then beat on a medium speed for about 3 minutes, occasionally scraping the bowl .
- Pour the batter mixture over the round bake pan with arranged pineapple slices.
- Bake until inserted toothpick comes out clean will take about 50 minutes.
- Best served with coffee.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake is so enticing that makes an excellent centerpiece for special occasions.
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: