How to cook Pastillas de Leche
Children and adults like the milky, thin stick treat Filipino Pastillas de Leche. It is considered to be one of the sweet and delectable delicacies in many localities of the Philippines. With this, it is perfect as “pasalubong” (souvenirs) for the kiddos and relatives at home.
Pastillas de Leche is an appetizing delight that could be plain or may come with a twist. In fact, it comes in a variety of flavors such as jackfruit, purple yam, coconut and mocha.
Making this Pastillas de Leche Recipe at home is simple and easy that will definitely satisfy family’ sweet tooth.
Pastillas de Leche Ingredients:
- 3 1/4 cups powdered milk, sifted
- 1 cup condensed milk
- vanilla extract, (optional)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, for coating
- Wax paper or cellophane, for wrapping
Pastillas de Leche Cooking Instructions:
- Place sifted powdered milk in a big bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour condensed milk and lemon or orange extract (if using flavor extract) in powdered milk.
- Using a spoon or spatula mix the milk from the center slowly outwards until incorporated and forms a soft dough.
- The texture should be similar to a sticky fondant.
- Cut wax paper or cellophane into rectangle with 1½ inches larger than your desired size of pastillas de leche “milk candy”.
- Prepare extra milk powder and refined sugar on a separate bowls and set aside.
- Scoop some of the milk mixture, and using your clean hands make a ball.
- If it’s a bit sticky just dunk in a bowl of extra powdered milk, shake off excess and roll into cylinders until smooth and shiny.
- Roll in a bowl of refined sugar until evenly coated and shake off excess sugar.
- Wrap in prepared wax paper or cellophane. And keep on scooping, rolling, and wrapping until you’re done.
- Store in an airtight container or a jar at room temperature.
Many Filipinos are making good money from Pastillas de Leche Recipe business.
Pastillas de Leche is perfect as pasalubong for your relatives and friends.
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Buah Merah Mix The Miracle Anti-Oxidant Juice Drink
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: