GD Star Rating
Pansit Palabok is made from rice flour noodles topped with crab sauce, eggs, shrimps, squid, garlic and more.
Estimated preparation for toppings: 1 1/2 hours
Estimated cooking time for sauce & noodles: 40 minutes
Pansit Palabok Ingredients:
Palabok Noodles / Sauce
- 1/2 kilo miki noodles
- 1/2 kilo small crabs
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of atchuete seeds or oil
- 2 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in water
- 1 teaspoon of monosodium glutamate (MSG) (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Tinapa flakes (smoked fish)
- Cooked shrimps, shelled
- Squid adobo, sliced into rings
- Pork chicharon, grounded
- Spring onions, chopped
- Hard boiled eggs, shelled, sliced
- Fried garlic, minced
- Fresh calamansi (lemon), sliced
Pansit Palabok Cooking Instructions:
- Extract fat and meat from clean crabs, set aside.
- Pound crab and extract juice on 1 1/2 cups of water
- On a pan, saute’ garlic and onions until golden brown then add crab fat, crab meat, 1 1/2 cups of crab wash, patis and MSG. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add corn starch and continue to simmer while constantly stirring until thick.
- Put miki noodles in a strainer and dip in boiling water for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Lay drained noodles on a platter and pour the palabok sauce.
- Garnish with toppings and serve.
Pancit Palabok Recipe,
, pancit palabok
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Recommended Filipino Recipe Books:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipes:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>