Learn how to cook Bihon Guisado
Pancit Bihon Guisado Recipe is a popular Filipino noodle dish, brought and introduced by the Chinese, just like Pancit Canton, Siomai, and Siopao and has been a favorite by Filipinos.
Pancit Bihon Guisado is always served during get together parties or special occasions like Fiestas, especially on birthdays and New Year because of the popular stories and belief, that this dish should be served to live a long life and have a good health.
Bihon Guisado tastes delicious and it can be a complete meal because of its ingredients, vegetables, pork, and shrimp and of course the Bihon noodles which is made from rice.
Cooking Pancit Bihon is very quick and easy just give a try!
Pancit Bihon Guisado Ingredients:
- 1 pack (8 oz.) pancit bihon noodles
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 2 cups of chicken broth or 2 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cabbage, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, pealed and sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/3 cup scallions, cut into pieces
- 1 carrot, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 pieces of calamansi or 1 lemon, sliced
Pancit Bihon Guisado Cooking Instructions:
- Soak the pancit bihon noodles to soften for 10 minutes
- Grease a large pan or wok with oil. Saute garlic and onions.
- Add the chicken broth, the shredded chicken breast and all the vegetables until cooked.
- Mix in the pancit bihon noodles and add the soy sauce, cook for about 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with sliced calamansi on the side.
Filipino Recipes Portal Tip:
- Calamansi or lemon is to be squeezed into the pancit bihon before eating.
- You can add chicken liver for added flavor
Pancit Bihon Guisado Recipe,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Buko Salad Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>