Paksiw na bangus Recipe is the one of the original way of cooking bangus. You can add ampalaya and talong. The juices of ampalaya and talong (bitter melon and eggplant) some how enhance the paksiw flavor of bangus.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Paksiw na Tiyan ng Bangus Ingredients:
- [singlepic=225,240,180,watermark,right]1 k. Bangus (Milkfish) Belly
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb size ginger cut into thin slices
- 1 medium size onion, quartered
- 1 tbsp. whole black pepper
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 whole green sili
- 1 small ampalaya (bitter melon), sliced about Â½ inch thick
- 2 small eggplants (aubergines), sliced diagonally about Â½ inch thick
- cooking oil
- 1 sachet of Coffee mate (optional)
Paksiw na Tiyan ng Bangus Cooking Instructions:
- Clean the Bangus.
- Wash fish thoroughly drain and slice diagonally.
- In a casserole put garlic, onion and ginger at the bottom.
- Arrange sliced bangus side by side.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup vinegar or 3 tbsp. sampalok sinigang mix.
- Put on top vegetable, green sili and black pepper.
- Season with salt and drizzle with cooking oil.
- Cover and simmer in a medium heat for 8â€“12 minutes or until fish is cooked then add the coffee mate.
- Serve hot with Rice.
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: