Learn how to cook Nilupak na Kamoteng Kahoy
Nilupak is a very popular merienda recipe for Filipinos. Nilupak Recipe is made of mashed kamoteng kahoy (yucca root or cassava), you can also use kamote (sweet potato) or saging na saba with sugar or milk to taste.
Nilupak is laden with butter or margarine and normally wrapped in banana leaf for packaging.
- 3 kg. kamoteng kahoy or cassava or yucca root, cubed
- 2 cans of condensed milk
- 200 g grated coconut
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- banana leaves, wilted and cut into circles
Nilupak Cooking Instructions:
- Peel and cut cassava into cubes, boil them until they become soft (not soggy).
- Mash it manually (or you can use blender).
- After mashing, transfer it in a deep pan.
- Add milk, grated coconut and butter into mixture.
- Mixed manually (in low heat), until well blended.
- Arrange on a platter (or in a banana leaf) and cut into desired shapes. Enjoy!
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>