Learn how to cook Fried Chicken Max Restaurant style
Max’s style Fried Chicken Recipe is our attempt to replicate the delicious fried chicken of Max’s Restaurant. We can honestly say that this recipe is very near to the original Max Fried Chicken, the chicken skin is thin and crisp while the moist and tender chicken meat separates from the bone; surely “Sarap to the bones!”
Max’s Restaurant has established itself as a household name in the Philippines, an institution, and a proud Filipino tradition. Their main product the delicious, tender, juicy and crispy Max Fried Chicken is most sought after dish in their restaurant.
Max’s style Fried Chicken Recipe has a moist, tender and crisp skin that will really make you eat more. Give it a try.
Max Restaurant style Fried Chicken Ingredients:
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. of grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. crushed black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups Canola Oil for deep frying
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1/4 cup Fish sauce (patis)
- 3 cups water for boiling
Max’s style Fried Chicken Cooking Instructions:
- Wash and clean chicken legs then pat dry using paper towels.
- In a large bowl place the chicken legs then add the garlic, ginger, salt and crushed black pepper. Generously rub the spices and seasonings into the chicken meat. Cover the chicken mixture and then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a steamer, place a baking parchment paper in the steamer basket. The parchment paper will make sure that the chicken won’t stick on the steamer basket, you must also cut holes on the paper so that the condensation will go back to the boiling water below the basket.
- In a steamer place the 1/4 cup patis and water then place the chicken legs on the steamer basket with baking parchment paper and steam it for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the steamer basket and sprinkle with more salt and pepper, then steam it again. Turn the chicken over after 5 minutes, then sprinkle the other side with salt and pepper. Rest the chicken for 10 minutes, this will make the fried chicken moist and drain the excess fluids from the chicken meat.
- Fry the chicken in a deep fryer for 3 minutes per side until the chicken skin are lightly browned. Then place it on paper towels to drain the oil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- After resting fry the chicken a second time, 2 minutes per side or until the chicken skins are golden brown.
- Serve with Garlic Rice and Mang Tomas lechon sauce or Banana ketchup.
Max’s style Fried Chicken Recipe with moist, tender and crisp skin.
Max's style Fried Chicken Recipe,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Pancit Miki Guisado Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>