GD Star Rating
Lumpiang Ubod Recipe
Lumpiang Ubod is a vegetable extensively used in the Visayas. In fact, they even serve it as punch called ensalda. Lumpiang Ubod is a specialty of Silay, Negros Occidental.
Lumpiang Ubod Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz/75 g cornflour
- Â½ pint/250 ml water
- peanut oil
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz/100 g parboiled lean pork, diced
- 2 oz/50 g ham, shredded
- 4 tbsp. peeled chopped prawn
- 2 oz/50 g cooked chickpeas
- 8 oz/200 g ubod (coconut palm hearts), shredded
- 6 oz/150 g French beans, shelled
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 12 oz/300 g cabbage, shredded
- 12 sprigs onions
- salt and pepper
- 12 crisp lettuce leaves
- 12 lumpia wrappers
Lumpiang Ubod sauce:
- Â¼ pint (or more) chicken stock
- 2 oz/50 g sugar
- 2 tbsp. soya sauce salt
- 1 tbsp. cornflour
- 3 tbsp. cold water
- 1-2 tsp. finely minced garlic
Lumpiang Ubod Cooking Instructions:
- Separate the eggs and whisk the whites until very stiff. Fold into the lightly beaten yolks.
- Blend the cornflour with water, adding the water gradually to ensure smoothness.
- Stir thoroughly into the egg. Lightly brush the frying pan with oil and heat.
- Using 2 tbsp. of lumpia batter at a time, fry very thin pancakes.
- Tilt pan to spread the batter evenly, do not turn and do not allow the pancakes to color.
- Heat the oil and lightly fry the garlic and onion until soft.
- Add the pork and ham, cook, stirring for a few minutes.
- Add prawns and chickpeas and cook a little longer.
- Stir in the ubod, beans, carrot and cabbage.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are just tender. Drain and cool.
- Wrap a portion of the filling and a sprigs onion in a lettuce leaf and then in a pancake.
- Serve with Lumpiang Ubod sauce.
- Bring the stock to the boil with the sugar, soya sauce and salt.
- Blend the cornflour with the cold water and stir it into the stock.
- Simmer, stirring for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic on the top.
Lumpiang Ubod Recipe,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Recommended Filipino Recipe Books:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipes:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>