Send this Recipe to a Friend...
GD Star Rating
Laswa is a popular Ilonggo vegetable soup, it is the equivalent of Bulanglang from Batangas and Dinengdeng from Ilocos region.
Laswa is simple to prepare and the vegetable ingredients has to be fresh. The flavors of the fresh mixed vegetables go together with the shrimp that’s why this soup is flavorful and delicious. Alugbati or Kulitis, Okra, Kalabasa and Saluyot are a must ingredients for this soup and whatever vegetables that are in season.
Laswa Vegetable Soup is a healthy dish and very rich in fiber which is very important in our digestion. Laswa is best served immediately while the vegetables are still firm. It is a great side dish for anything fried especially with fried fish.
- 1/8 kilo diced Kalabasa ( Squash)
- 1/4 kilo Alugbati ( Malabar Spinach ) or Kulitis ( Native Spinach )
- 5 pcs Sitaw or Balatong ( String Beans ) cut into 2 inches
- 3 pcs Okra cut into wedges
- 1/4 kilo fresh Shrimp, shell intact
- 1 pc Talong ( Eggplant ), sliced
- Salt to taste or Fish Sauce ( Patis )
- 2 cloves garlic, pound
- 1 Magic Sarap sachet ( optional )
- 6 cups of water
Laswa Cooking Instructions:
- Bring the water to a boil
- Add the fresh Shrimp
- Once the fresh Shrimp turns pinkish, add the Okra then after two minutes add the Squash.
- When the Squash start to slightly fork tender, add the String beans and Eggplant
- Add half sachet of Magic Sarap ( optional ) then add salt to taste or Patis
- Turn off the heat then add your leafy vegetables, they will get cooked by the residual heat so it won’t get overcooked.
- Serve Laswa immediately with Fried fish
Laswa Recipe ,
, vegetable recipe
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipes:
Highly Recommended Filipino Recipe Books:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>