How to cook Inihaw na Liempo
Inihaw na Liempo is a grilled pork belly marinated in a mixture of Sprite or 7UP, crushed garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper. It is always served with a dipping sauce, the most simple are soy-vinegar (toyo’t suka) or garlic-vinegar (bawang at suka). Inihaw na Liempo is the perfect “Pulutan” over a nice cold beer.
Inihaw na Liempo is one of Filipino food recipes that is always present in most special occasions in the Philippines, like Birthdays, Christmas and New Year. If you have not yet savored this dish, I suggest that you give it a try, I’m sure you will love Inihaw na Liempo.
Inihaw na Liempo Ingredients
- 1 Kilo 1 inch thick belly, cut in half (to about 4 inches in length)
For the Grill marinade:
- 1/2 cup Sprite or 7UP
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground peppercorn
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp calamansi juice
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
For the Dipping sauce:
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp calamansi
- 1 pc Chili pepper (siling labuyo), chopped
- 2 pcs Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tsp Onion, chopped
- a pinch of salt
- a dash of sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
Inihaw na Liempo Cooking Instructions
For the dipping sauce:
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients, just add more soy sauce it you want it to be salty.
Prepare to marinate the pork:
- Wash the pork belly thoroughly.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, then pour over meat. Make sure meat is well coated with the marinate mixture.
- Cover then store in fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
- Clean and prepare the grill. Make sure to brush grill with a little oil to prevent meat from sticking in the grill. If you will be using charcoal-grill, keep the flame low so as not to burn the meat.
- While grilling, keep basting the meat with the marinade sauce, this will make the meat juicy.
- When done grilling, slice into strips. Best served with a side of mango ensalada.
- Serve with rice or Beer.
Here’s the yummy Inihaw na Liempo.
Inihaw na Liempo is perfect “Pulutan” over a nice cold beer, another quality Filipino Food from PinoyRecipe.net
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Filipino Pork Recipes for New Year’s Eve Celebration >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>