GD Star Rating
The Ham and Cheese Empanada Delight
Ham and Cheese Empanadas Recipe are a delicious way to use up leftover ham. If you are having a hard time to assemble your kids, then serving them with tasty and luscious ham and cheese empanada could be the easy strategy that you can come up with. This pastry that resembles the shape of half-moon circles is packed with yummy ham and delectable cheese that threatens to burst out.
Ham and Cheese Empanadas is flaky and has an inviting appeal of indulgence. The taste of each ingredient perfectly intertwined with one another. With this, empanada will satisfy your cravings for delightful flavor. Moreover, it will also satiate your appetite.
Makes 20 puffs
Ham and Cheese Empanadas Ingredients:
Ham and Cheese Empanadas Filling:
- 1/4 kilo cooked ham, chopped
- 250 grams Cheddar Chesse or Filled Cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps minced fresh parsley
- 2 tbsps bread crumbs
- 2 tbsps sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Pinch of black pepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup butter, chilled & cubes
- ½ cup shortening
- 6-7 tbsp. icy cold water,
- 1 egg, for egg wash
Ham and Cheese Empanadas Instructions:
To make the Ham and Cheese Empanadas Filling:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the Onion and parsley, sauteing until the onion is translucent.
- Remove from Heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the chopped ham, bread crumbs, cheese, sour cream, egg and a dash of salt and pepper, mixing well.
To make the Ham and Cheese Empanada Crust:
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a bowl. Add in chilled and cubes butter and lard or vegetable shortening. Using a fork or hand pinch together until it forms a crumb. Add ice cold water 1 tablespoon at a time and mix well. Knead the dough for 3 minutes and form a ball.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes before using. Roll out dough on a floured surface and cut dough into your desired size, using empanada cutter, or a cookie cutter or any available round cutter you have.
- Place filling in the center and fold dough over to the opposite side. Crimp the dough with fork or with your fingers to seal the edges and repeat procedure until done.
- Place Ham and Cheese Empanadas on a baking tray, prick each empanada with fork and brush with egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated oven 375F, for about 30-40 minutes or until lightly brown. Time varies depend on the size of your empanada.
Ham and Cheese Empanadas Recipe are a delicious way to use up leftover ham from a holiday dinner!
Ham and Cheese Empanadas Recipe,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Vote for FILIPINO RECIPES PORTAL at the Globe TattAwards 2013 >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>