How to cook Gising gising Sigarilyas
Gising gising means “wake-up wake-up” in the Filipino language. The dish will definitely wake up your senses when you eat it because it’s too spicy, that is why it is called Gising gising. Tried to search the web but I can’t find the origin of this dish. Gising Gising Recipe is similar to the Bicolano’s favorite dish Laing and Bicol express . They used pork and green beans in the original recipe for this dish but here we made a twist and used beef and winged beans or Sigarilyas, the result is excellently delicious.
I suggest you try this Gising Gising Recipe with Sigarilyas, I’m sure you will like it too.
Gising Gising Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo Sigarilyas or Winged beans, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 kilo ground beef
- 4 pcs Siling haba or Birds Eye chili, sliced diagonally
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 4 tbsp. shrimp paste, bagoong alamang
- 2 cups pure coconut milk or 1 can of 400 ml Coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- salt to taste
- Canola cooking oil
Gising Gising with Sigarilyas Cooking Instructions
- In a wok, saute garlic, ginger and onion until fragrant but not browned.
- Add in the ground beef and stir, cook for 2 minutes
- Then put in the fish sauce and shrimp paste and continue to stir cook for another 3 minutes.
- Put in 1/2 cup of water and 1 cup of the coconut milk, bring to a boil and simmer for 6 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to an oily sauce, stirring occasionally to prevent the coconut milk from curdling.
- Now add in the remaining coconut milk, winged beans, green and red chili, continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are just cooked.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot with Rice and make sure you have a lot rice because you’ll crave for more.
Try Pinoyrecipe.net’s version of Gising Gising Recipe with Sigarilyas
Gising gising Recipe with Sigarilyas is a delicious and spicy Filipino dish from PinoyRecipe.net
Related Filipino Recipes:
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: