How to make Fruity Maja Blanca
Maja Blanca is made of coconut milk and cornstarch, the most popular Filipino dessert for all occasions because it is cheap, easy to make, and when cooked right, it is really creamy and delicious. Here’s a tip if you want to have a flavorful and creamy Maja Blanca, do not use the store-bought canned coconut milk, always use freshly squeezed coconut milk.
This new Fruity Maja Blanca Recipe version is healthier because of the added fruits and is now my all time favorite, I have tasted a lot of Maja Blanca before, but this recipe is the best. Everyone in the family loved it!
Fruity Maja Blanca Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup Fruit Cocktail, drained & reserved syrup
- 1 young coconut, shredded & juice reserved
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1½ cups coconut juice (buko water)
- 1/2 cup fruit syrup
- 1 tsp. clear pandan extract (optional)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
Fruity Maja Blanca Instructions:
- Drain fruit cocktail and reserved the syrup, all we need is a cup of fruits and a half cup of fruit syrup.
- Store extra fruit and syrup in a container and store in the fridge for later use.
- In a saucepan, dilute cornstarch into the coconut juice and fruit syrup.
- Mix thoroughly until cornstarch are fully dissolved.
- Bring the mixture into simmer over low heat, stirring continuously until it thickens for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add coconut strings and ¾’s cup of fruit cocktail and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk and sweetened condensed milk and cook for another 15 minutes until becomes sticky and shiny.
- Fire off, transfer the mixture into an 8×8 dish or any similar container and flatten evenly. While it’s still hot, sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of fruits and press slightly into the maja.
- Let it cool at slightly and refrigerate for at least an hour before cutting.
- Serve your Fruity Maja Blanca with your favorite drink.
Fruity Maja Blanca Recipe is the healthier version of the famous dessert, try it, I’m sure your family will love it too.
Related Filipino Recipes:
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: