How to cook the famous Filipino Yema Candy
Filipino Yema Recipe is a sweet custard candy and a popular Filipino sweet delicacy made with egg yolks and condensed milk. Others add jackfruit and nuts for added flavor. Yema candy is very easy to make and often found in many pasalubong centers.
This Yema Recipe is the classic one, we did not add any nuts and just roll it on white sugar to prevent it from sticking together.
Filipino Yema Candy Ingredients:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 kilo white sugar
- 1 box toothpick
Yema Candy Cooking Instructions:
- In a frying pan, mix the egg yolks, condensed milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat to prevent the mixture from burning.
- Using a metal spatula, stir the milk as if you are scraping the bottom of the pan. Stir constantly.
- This must be done continuously to avoid burning the milk and to prevent it from sticking at the bottom of the pan
- The mixture is ready when it forms a ball. Let it cool.
- When cooled, form the mixture into balls about 2 to 3 cm in diameter.
- Place the Yema balls on a wide plate with white sugar then roll, once coated, pick up each ball with a toothpick .
- Set aside to cool.
- When cooled, wrap the balls in cellophane and twist both ends to secure.
Here’s the ready to serve Yema Candies
Enjoy this Filipino Yema Candy.
Related Filipino Recipes:
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: