How to cook Filipino Paella
Filipino Paella Recipe, Paella is an internationally known Spanish rice dish originating in the Valencian region. Spaniards view it as one of their country’s national dishes.
There are so many ways and versions of how to cook paella one of them has chicken and pork, clams, shrimp and mussels. If you want to make this as purely seafood paella, leave out the chicken and pork according to your taste. It is traditionally cooked in a round flat pan with two handles which is known as a Paellera or Paella.
Here is how to cook this superb one-dish meal, Filipino Paella Recipe. It is very easy and so appetizing!
Filipino Paella Ingredients:
- 2 Cups rice
- 1 Cup shrimp
- 3 pcs Blue crabs, cleaned
- 1/2 kilo Manila clams
- 2 Fish fillet
- 1/2 kilo mussels
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1/2 Red pepper
- 1 Can green beans
- 1 tsp saffron flower
- 1 tsp annatto powder
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup canned tomato
- 1/2 Cup stocks from shrimp heads
- 2 Cups water
- Canola Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Filipino Paella Cooking Instructions:
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat, saute the garlic, and onion.
- Stir in the annatto and mix well, then drop-in canned tomato and cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomato paste and shrimp stock and bring to a boil.
- Stir in clams, crabs, mussels, shrimp and fish, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and let cook for 5 to 7 more minutes or until seafoods are done
- When seafood is just cooked through, remove seafoods and leave the sauce on the pan.
- Add water, rice and saffron to the sauce. Stir, cover and cook until rice is tender, add more stock if needed.
- Stir in canned green peas and red or green pepper and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put the seafood back to the pan or served it on top of the rice.
- Spoon the paella into a serving dish or platter and garnish with the olives and hard-boiled egg, if desired.
We Filipinos have created our own version of Paella Recipe and it differs from every region, try this one and give your feedback.
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: