How to cook Filipino Lasagna
In every Filipino special occasion like birthdays or get together parties, the most popular pasta served during these gatherings is usually the spaghetti. But since it has become as a stereotype kind of food many of us just leave it there on the table. So here is another appetizing dish that you will surely want to have on your plate when it’s served on the table, it is the Filipino Lasagna Recipe. It is baked with layered wide-flat pasta, meat sauce and creamy white sauce also known as bechamel sauce which makes the lasagna rich and flavorful in every bite.
Try this Filipino Lasagna Recipe, served it along with garlic bread.
Filipino Lasagna Ingredients:
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 kilo Lasagna
- 1/2 kilo Lean Ground Beef
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce (16 oz)
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tablespoon Canola cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh Basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- spiced ham sliced into small cubes
- 1/2 stick chopped Butter,
- 1/3 cup All purpose Flour
- 4 1/2 cups fresh milk
- 75g finely grated Parmesan cheese,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of ground nutmeg (optional)
Filipino Lasagna Cooking Instructions:
To Make Meat Sauce:
- Soak the Lasagna in water for 18 minutes.
- To make the meat sauce, heat up frying pan then add the cooking oil.
- Sauté the garlic and onions
- Add the ground beef and cook until color turns brown, about 10 minutes.
- pour the tomato sauce, crushed tomato and tomato paste then mix well with the meat.
- add the fresh parsley, fresh basil leaves, sugar, and salt.
- Stir and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Add the ground black pepper and then set aside.
To Make White Sauce:
- Melt the butter using a saucepan in a medium heat until it foams.
- Add the flour, constantly stirring until bubbling for about 2 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Slowly pour the milk while constantly whisking until the mixture is smooth.
- Turn on the heat again then cook the mixture, using a wooden spoon keep on stirring for about 12 minutes or until the white sauce is thick and coats the back side of your wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the sauce with parmesan cheese, nutmeg and salt then set aside.
To Assemble and Cook Lasagna:
- Spread the White sauce into the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch Pyrex baking dish, .
- Arrange the pasta sheets side by side, covering the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add in a layer of meat sauce over the pasta sheets, sprinkle spiced ham.
- Then pour in a layer of the white sauce.
- Arrange the second layer of pasta, meat sauce and white sauce until a total of 4 layers is formed.
- Top with remaining White sauce and Parmesan Cheese.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place lasagna dish on top, cover and put on the middle rack of the oven and Bake at 350°F to 375°F until top is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Filipino Lasagna Recipe is baked with layered wide-flat pasta, meat sauce and creamy white sauce which makes the lasagna rich and flavorful in every bite.
Related Filipino Recipes:
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: