How to cook Filipino Egg Tarts
Filipino Egg Tarts Recipe is a pastry commonly found and sold in local bakeries in the Philippines which consists of an outer pastry crust that is filled with egg custard and baked.
Egg tarts come in many variations, including egg white, milk, honey egg, ginger flavored egg, which are variations of a traditional milk custard, and also chocolate tarts. This Filipino style Egg Tarts Recipe is very easy to make, you can reduce the sugar used in the crust and the filling to fit your taste, this recipe is lightly sweetened just add more sugar to the filling if you want it to more sweeter.
Filipino Egg Tarts Recipe is a great finger food for any occasions especially during Christmas Parties or birthday celebrations.
Filipino Egg Tarts Ingredients
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 9 eggs, beaten
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 1 cup evaporated milk
Filipino Egg Tarts Cooking Instructions
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the confectioners sugar and flour.
- Mix in butter with a fork until it is in small crumbs.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla until the mixture forms a dough. The texture should be slightly moist.
- Add more butter if it is too dry, or more flour, if the dough seems greasy.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, and press the balls into tart molds so that it covers the bottom, and goes up higher than the sides.
- Use 2 fingers to shape the edge into an A shape.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F or 230 degrees Celcius.
- Combine the white sugar and water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Strain the eggs through a sieve, and whisk into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Strain the filling through a sieve, and fill the tart shells.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown, and the filling is puffed up a little bit.
Try Pinoyrecipe.net’s version of Filipino Egg Tarts
This Filipino Egg Tarts Recipe is easy to cook, try it. Another quality Filipino food from PinoyRecipe.net
Filipino Egg Tarts Recipe,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Strawberry Leche Flan Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>