Daing na Bangus Recipe, This Filipino dish is very easy to make, now that you can buy Boneless Bangus (Milkfish) in most supermarkets. Daing is a manner of preparing fish and other seafoods in the Philippines, some preparation are salted and sun-dried, but in this recipe we simply marinated the Milkfish in vinegar, salt, black pepper and plenty of garlic.
Serves 2 persons
Preparation time: 5 to 10 mins then marinate the fish overnight
Cooking time: 10 to 15 mins
Daing na Bangus Ingredients:
- 2 pcs. Boneless Bangus ( Milkfish ), Butterflied with skin-on
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves crushed garlic.
- 4 tbsps. of cooking oil
Daing na Bangus Cooking Instructions:
- Flatten Bangus with skin on top and place in baking pan (or any flat surface like baking pan)
- Sprinkle the crushed garlic on all the Bangus surface
- Now pour in vinegar, then season with pepper and salt.
- Safely cover and narinate Bangus in the refrigerator overnight to get full flavor.
- In a hot frying pan, add the 4 tbsps. of cooking oil and heat till it just starts to smoke over medium-high heat.
- Place the Bangus fillet, skinside down.
- Lower heat to medium and cook uncovered about 4 minutes each side.
- Brown the marinade garlic and place it on top of the bangus.
- Serve Daing na Bangus with rice, and atchara.
Related Filipino Recipes:
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: