How to cook Chicken Sotanghon Soup
Chicken Sotanghon Soup Recipe is another variation of the famous and well-loved Filipino Chicken Noodle Soup which usually uses egg noodles, but in this recipe we are using sotanghon. Sotanghon is also known as cellophane noodles or Chinese vermicelli which is made from mung bean starch, this noodle is transparent unlike other noodles and sometimes it is called Glass noodles. It is cooked with chicken broth together with carrots and cabbage and you might also add some other veggies to make it more nutritious.
This Chicken Sotanghon Soup Recipe is considered to be a comfort food, for its heart warming and filling taste which is best served during cold and rainy season.
Chicken Sotanghon Soup Ingredients:
- 200 gm sotanghon (bean thread) noodles
- 1 cup chopped or flaked cooked chicken meat (you can use left over chicken meat)
- 6-7 cups chicken stock
- 2 pcs tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 head of garlic – minced
- 1/2 medium onion – sliced
- 1 Tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- 4 dried Chinese black mushrooms (shiitake) (optional)
- chopped green onions
Chicken Sotanghon Soup Cooking Instructions:
- Soak the dried mushrooms in hot water for about 15 minutes. Remove and squeeze out excess water. Cut and discard stems, slice caps into fourths.
- Heat oil in a pot. Saute garlic, tomatoes and onion in low to medium heat. Make sure the garlic is not burned.
- Add chicken meat, mushrooms and patis. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Drop the sotanghon noodles in the soup and simmer for about 3 minutes or until noodles are tender and cooked. You may at an early stage cut the noodles with scissors to shorten lengths and make it more manageable to handle.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve hot with combined lemon juice and patis on the side.
Chicken Sotanghon Soup Recipe is great with any meal.
Chicken Sotanghon Soup Recipe,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Pork Tempura Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>