Easy and simple Chicken Potato Salad
The Chicken Potato Salad Recipe is a yummy and luscious main dish or side dish that is perfect for any Filipino occasions – Fiestas, birthdays, Christmas and New Year. Much more to this, it can also be included in your picnic recipe during Family day. With its distinctive flavor and aroma of chicken and potato, it will bring delight for the whole family.
Making a healthy and attractive main course is way too easy with the Filipino Chicken Potato Salad Recipe. Since it is a quick-fix dish that gets done in a matter of time, feel like an expert in your kitchen.
Chicken Potato Salad Ingredients:
- 1 kilo potatoes
- 1 big chicken breast
- 3 pieces medium sized carrots
- 500 ml mayonnaise
- 1 can (836 g) pineapple tidbits or chunks
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 medium sized onions, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of chopped spring onions (optional)
- Iodized salt to taste (pepper, optional)
- Spring Onions, diced (optional)
How to cook Chicken Potato Salad :
- In a big pot, boil potatoes and carrots (covered with water) for about 15 to 20 minutes or until cracks on the potato skin appears. (tip: pierce a potato with a toothpick. If you can pierce it with little resistance and the toothpick comes out clean, the potatoes & carrots are cooked).
- Drain potatoes and carrots, let cool.
- Once cooled, the skin can be easily be pealed by hand.
- Dice the potatoes and carrots (about 1×1 cm)
- Boil the chicken breast in water with some salt. Let cool, then shred the chicken meat in 1 inch lengths
- Drain pineapple chunks or tidbits.
- Combine all ingredients (potatoes, chicken meat, pineapple, onions, carrots, pickle relish, mayonnaise…) in a big bowl and salt to taste. You may add pepper if you wish.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Note: You may add the optional ingredients (diced cheese, chopped onions, spring onions) or a handful of raisins for added flavor.
Chicken Potato Salad Recipe offers a unique taste. A hearty salad with great flavor combinations.
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Mango Ice Candy Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>