Chicken Binakol Recipe, in Batangas they used the famous Batangas native chicken for their Chicken binakol and was cooked in a bamboo tube to seal in the juices. In the Visayas Region their version of Chicken Binakol is to simmer the chicken with tanglad in the coconut shell itself.
Estimated preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 40 minutes
Chicken Binakol Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- thumb-sized ginger, chopped then squashed
- 4 pcs chicken legs, cut into chunks
- 3 pcs young coconut (juice & meat)
- 200 grams fresh oyster mushrooms, sliced
- peppercorns & salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
- a bunch of fresh spinach or malunggay leaves
Chicken Binakol Cooking Instructions:
- Beat canola oil then saute garlic, onion and ginger.
- Be careful not to burn ’em, or you will have a burnt flavor soup.
- Toss in all the chicken pieces then pour a tablespoon of fish sauce.
- Saute until the chicken meat releases its own juice without adding water. stir often.
- Shop open the top shell of the three young coconut and pour all the fresh coconut juice into the chicken pot. let boil for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Scrape the young coconut meat and mix it with the chicken.
- Drop about 7 to 10 pieces of peppercorns.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Put the sliced fresh oyster mushrooms into the simmering soup.
- Let boil for another 3 minutes.
- Add in the spinach leaves, and continue to simmer for another minute.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Do not add water into the soup. Use only fresh young coconut juice as soup.
- Chicken binakol MUST be served warm to enjoy its goodness
- Fancy using the coconut shells as Chicken Binakol’s serving bowls.
- Add to the soup chopped fresh red chilli if you prefer the soup with a bit of spicy bite.
Here’s the ready to serve Filipino Chicken Binakol Recipe
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Pork Sisig Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>