The tasty and delicious Pulutan… Chicharon Bulaklak
Many people say that Chicharon Bulaklak is an unhealthy food. Though the fact that it can cause hypertension and increase your cholesterol level, still many people craze over this chicharon bulaklak recipe. This is simply because the food is good and tasty. Also, its crispness is one enjoyable sound to listen to.
Aside from Adobong Mani, Crispy Pata, Pork Chicharon, Chicharon Bulaklak Recipe is one of the Filipino favorite beer foods or pulutan. The pork mesentery and intestines are deep fried in oil. In this manner, the flavor is brought out to your senses. You will not find Pork mesentery and intestines in high-end supermarkets inside the popular shopping malls. So if you want to prepare this dish you have to visit the town’s meat market or “Palengke” where freshly butchered meats are available.
For better and tasty experience, the Chicharon Bulaklak is dipped in vinegar. Your choice can be spicy or just plain vinegar. With the facts about its taste and health risks, bear in mind to consume the Chicharon Bulaklak in moderation.
Chicharon Bulaklak Ingredients:
- 1 Kilo Pork Mesentery, cleaned
- 6 pcs dried bay leaves
- 3 tbsp crushed rock salt
- 1 tbsp whole pepper corn
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk of celery,
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups Canola cooking oil
- 2 pcs sliced Siling haba
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 small onion, diced
Chicharon Bulaklak Cooking Instructions:
- Wash each Pork Mesentery thoroughly under cool, running water. Pick out any little bits of debris, dried blood or matter. It’s important to get rid of any bits that could contain harmful bacteria. To make sure it is cleaned wash it 3 times.
- Pour the water in a large pot then place the onions, peppers, garlic cloves and celery, bring to a boil
- Add 2 tbsp salt and vinegar then let boil for another 1 minute.
- Place the Pork Mesentery in the pot and wait until the liquid re-boils
- Put-in the dried bay leaves and whole pepper corn then simmer for 45 minutes or until Pork Mesentery is tender.
- Remove the Pork Mesentery from the pot then drain excess water
- Cut the Pork Mesentery according to desired size.
- Sprinkle the remaining salt over the Pork Mesentery. Make sure that it is evenly distributed over all the Pork Mesentery.
- In a separate pot/pan, pour the oil and heat until the temperature is good for frying
- Deep fry the Pork Mesentery. Make sure that the texture is crunchy before removing from the frying pan.
- Combine all the dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl, mix well.
- Serve Chicharon Bulaklak with dipping sauce and beer.
Chicharon Bulaklak Recipe is one of the Filipino favorite beer foods or pulutan.
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Buah Merah Mix The Miracle Anti-Oxidant Juice Drink
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: