How to make Espasol
Espasol Recipe is a kind of rice cake, a native Filipino sweet treat that originated in Laguna Province, Philippines. It is made of rice flour cooked with grated coconut and coconut milk, then rolled with remaining toasted rice flour and usually shaped into small cylinders then wrapped with paper.
This cylinder shaped Espasol is a favorite kakanin and pasalubong of many Filipinos; this can be bought in food stalls, bus stops and specialty shops in Laguna. Now you don’t have to buy this delicious sweet treat.
Here is how to make the famous Filipino Kakanin – Espasol the cooking procedure is very simple and easy!
- 2 1/2 cups Malagkit Flour (glutinous rice flour)
- 1 cup Desiccated coconut or 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup sweet rice flour, toasted for dusting
- 2 1/2 cups of canned or fresh coconut milk
- 2 cups White sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract