How to cook Bibingka Galapong
Bibingka Galapong Recipe is a kind of rice cake made from rice flour, traditionally sold outside the churches during the Christmas season in the Philippines.
Bibingka Galapong Recipe or Coconut Rice Cake is usually cooked in a clay pot, lined w/ banana leaves and topped with salted egg slices that add a satisfying flavor of this Filipino dessert. At the top and at the bottom of the pan, coal is placed to cook the rice cakes completely.
This rice cake is best served with butter and coconut shreds best paired with salabat or ginger tea or with hot chocolate. Here is the recipe in making Bibingkang Galapong.
Bibingka Galapong Ingredients:
- 400 g (2 cups) uncooked rice
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 3 eggs
- 125 g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, plus additional for brushing
- 250 ml (1 cup) thick coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 sheet banana leaf
- 250 g (8 oz) cottage cheese or cheddar cheese, grated