How to cook Stuffed Squid
This Stuffed Squid Recipe is a whole squid stuffed with shrimp and crab meat combinations covered with a tomato wine sauce. This seafood dish is a popular Italian dish, we first tried this in a popular Italian restaurant in Bacolod, we tried to cook at home and the result is awesomely delicious. If you are a seafood lover then you should try this recipe too.
Take note that when cooking this seafood dish the two most important elements for success are:
- Make sure to buy the freshest seafood.
- Do not to overcook the seafood, especially the squid.
If you can do these tasks, I’m sure you will have a mix of tender shrimp with soft buttery lump crab meat and covered by light fresh squid in a tomato wine sauce. You can serve this dish for a special occasion and everyone will surely love it.
Stuffed Squid Ingredients:
- 6 medium-sized fresh squid
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. tarragon
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh shrimp, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of crabmeat, cooked and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- salt and pepper to taste (more…)