How to cook Embutido the famous Filipino Meatloaf
Embutido Recipe is a kind of meatloaf prepared in Filipino style. This is a well known dish in fact you will always see this in every Filipino table during special occasions and holidays.
Embutido is steamed or baked, wrapped in aluminum foil. There are many ingredients needed in this recipe such as ground pork, some hotdogs or sausages, hard boiled eggs, pickle relish, raisins, carrots, cheese, bell peppers, onions and some spices. This dish can be served hot with rice along with your favorite chili sauce or cold as an appetizer.
Embutido can be stored in a fridge and will last for a month.
- 1/2 kilo lean ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup (6 slices) finely chopped (sweet or cooked) ham
- 3 tbsp. minced green bell pepper
- 3 tbsp. minced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- dash of liquid seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- slices (wedges) of hard-cooked eggs
- slices (wedges) of Vienna sausage
- aluminum foil, 10″ x 12″ sizes