How to cook Maja Kalabasa
Maja Kalabasa Recipe is the healthier version the famous dessert, which is known and much loved by every Filipino as Maja Blanca or Coconut Cake. Unlike the traditional maja blanca that is usually white in color, this Maja Kalabasa Recipe is like a golden pudding made with squash, which makes this dessert absolutely nutritious.
This is a great snack for the whole family, particularly for the kids who don’t eat veggies; it is a perfect way to sneak in some healthy ingredients to their dessert without them knowing that they have actually eaten some vegetables. Though, it is also a fun way of introducing the kids to eat healthier and nutritious snack than consuming their favorite junk foods.
Maja Kalabasa Ingredients:
- 2 cups Kalabasa, peeled and diced
- ½ cup water
- a pinch of salt
- 1¼ cups Kalabasa, cooked, drained and mashed
- 1¼ cups water
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 2 cans (300g) Nestle All-purpose Cream
- 1 can (300ml) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 tsp. Calamansi Juice or Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp. Butter or Margarine
- 1/8 cup toasted cashews, roughly chopped to garnish (optional)