How to cook Chicken Sotanghon Soup
Chicken Sotanghon Soup Recipe is another variation of the famous and well-loved Filipino Chicken Noodle Soup which usually uses egg noodles, but in this recipe we are using sotanghon. Sotanghon is also known as cellophane noodles or Chinese vermicelli which is made from mung bean starch, this noodle is transparent unlike other noodles and sometimes it is called Glass noodles. It is cooked with chicken broth together with carrots and cabbage and you might also add some other veggies to make it more nutritious.
This Chicken Sotanghon Soup Recipe is considered to be a comfort food, for its heart warming and filling taste which is best served during cold and rainy season.
Chicken Sotanghon Soup Ingredients:
- 200 gm sotanghon (bean thread) noodles
- 1 cup chopped or flaked cooked chicken meat (you can use left over chicken meat)
- 6-7 cups chicken stock
- 2 pcs tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 head of garlic – minced
- 1/2 medium onion – sliced
- 1 Tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- 4 dried Chinese black mushrooms (shiitake) (optional)
- chopped green onions