How to cook Filipino style Picadillo Recipe
Picadillo Recipe originally came from Cuba, the Cuban version include lots of peppers, garlic, onions, cumin, oregano, beef stock, tomato sauce, olives and on occasion raisins, and potatoes and sauteed in olive oil with white wine. The Cuban usually serve this dish with black turtle beans and rice.
The Filipino style Picadillo Recipe is traditionally made with ground beef with either potatoes or chayote but most of the time chayote is used because it is a lot more cheaper than potatoes. Most Filipino called this dish Giniling na Karne, Filipino term for ground meat.
Filipino Picadillo Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup Frozen green peas, thawed
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 1 piece Beef cube
- 4 tbsp. Canola cooking oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste