GD Star Rating
Cassava Suman Recipe, another Filipino native “kakanin” that is good for snacks. It consists of grated coconut and cassava wrapped in banana leaves. It is sweet, chewy and regularly brown in color. It is one of the older Filipino desserts or snacks. For another variation, chocolate fillings can be added inside the cassava.
Preparation Time: 00:25
Cooking Time: 00:30
Servings: Makes 15 pcs.
Cassava Suman Ingredients:
- 3 cups or ½-kilo finely grated cassava
- 1 cup finely grated coconut
- 1 cup white sugar
- 15 pieces of banana leaves cut into 7 x 10 inches (blanched)
Cassava Suman Cooking Instructions:
- Combine grated cassava, grated coconut and sugar.
- Place measured amounts of cassava mixture on each piece of banana leaf.
- Roll Banana leaf, enclosing filling and fold both ends.
- Keep each suman 1.25 cm thick, 4 cm wide and 12.5 cm long.
- Tie the suman in pairs loosely and keep them in shape.
- Arrange on steamer rack in a staggered pile. Steam for 30 minutes, counting time when live steam starts to form.
- Keep the steamer well-supplied with water to prevent drying out.
- Serve hot or chilled with latik.
Published on: Jan 25, 2011
Updated on : 04-Apr 05, 2012
Cassava Suman Recipe,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Lapu-Lapu Escabeche Recipe or Lapu-Lapu Sweet and Sour >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>