How to make Butterscotch Bars
Butterscotch Bars Recipe is made with brown sugar and butter along with cashews, its texture is a little fudgy but not fluffy. These bars are crisp and crunchy on the outside but chewy and moist on the inside perfect paired with hot chocolate or coffee on an afternoon snack.
These rich Butterscotch Bars have many variations you just have to pick out the good one, for this recipe we are making the easiest and the quickest way of cooking this well-loved dessert. The cooking procedures are very simple this is perfect to prepare for potlucks or even short notice get together parties.
Butterscotch Bars Ingredients
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown or wash sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4/3 cup chopped cashew nuts (optional)
Butterscotch Bars Instructions:
- In a small saucepan, mix together the butter and brown sugar.
- Heat over low heat and mix until butter has just melted.
- Let it cool completely before adding the egg. When it’s cooled add the egg into the mixture and whisk thoroughly until well combined.
- Add in sifted all-purpose flour with baking powder to the batter then mix and add the vanilla.
- Fold in ½ cup chopped cashew nuts or any nuts you desired.
- Pour the batter into a lined 8″x 8″ pan or a brownie pan and evenly spread the mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cashew nuts on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for about 20-30 minutes.
- Fire off, transfer on a wire rack and cool completely before cutting into your desired size.
Butterscotch Bars Recipe,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Top Five picks at Alaska Crema’s Merry Crema Food Bazaar >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>