GD Star Rating
Butsi or Buchi in Filipino (Red bean sesame seed balls), Jin deui for Chinese is a type of fried Chinese pastry made from glutinous rice flour and commonly found in the Far East. The rice dough of the pastry is coated with sesame on the outside and is crisp and quite chewy. Inside of the pastry is a large hollow, caused by the expansion of the dough which is partially filled with a filling usually consisting of lotus paste . Alternatively black bean paste, called dousha may be used, and less commonly red bean paste.
Estimated cooking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Buchi de Leche Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- pinch salt
- 100 g. langka(fresh or preserved), cut into cubes
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 3 pieces eggyolks, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 k. galapong
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- cooking oil, for deep-frying
Buchi de Leche Cooking Instructions:
- Combine first six ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Cook stirring continuously over low fire.
- When thick, remove from fire and stir in egg yolks, butter and vanilla. Cook for about 2 min. more.
- Cool then set aside in a chiller.
- Knead galapong forming a cylinder and cut into 20 equal portions.
- Flatten into patties and put about 1 tbsp. of chilled filling in the center.
- Gather edges to the center, sealing well.
- Roll in sesame seeds and deep-fry in hot oil.
- Drain in paper towels and serve right away.
Buchi or Butsi de Leche (Red bean sesame seed balls),
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Chinese RecipesDESCRIPTION Set up your own Chinese kitchen at home, experiment and innovate with the ingredients and exotic sauces, and enjoy a healthy and immensely... Read More >
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Espasol Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>