Bringhe Recipe is Luzon’s version of the Spanish Arroz Valenciana.
Estimated cooking time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- [singlepic=234,240,180,watermark,right]1 piece green bell pepper, roasted, peeled and cubed
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled then sliced
- 60 ml oil
- 250 g chicken breast fillet or thigh fillet, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
- 200 g regular rice
- 200 g sticky rice
- 500 ml water
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 250 g medium shrimps, peeled and de-veined
- 100 g cooked ham, cut into 2-cm squares
- 100 g frozen green peas, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bringhe Cooking Instructions:
- Heat half of the oil in a casserole and sautÃ© the chicken strips until cooked.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Pour in remaining oil and sautÃ© onion until transparent.
- Add garlic and sautÃ© a further 1 minute.
- Add both kinds of rice and stir to coat in oil.
- In a large bowl, blend together water, coconut milk and turmeric powder then pour into casserole.
- Cover and simmer until rice is done, about 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a steamer, steam the shrimps until cooked and evenly pink in color.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- When rice is fully cooked, stir in the shrimps, the chicken strips, cooked ham and green peas.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Garnish with bell pepper and sliced egg.
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook - Rev: 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings, and More, froRice cookers are perfect for how we cook today: Versatile and convenient, they have one-button technology, don’t take up too much counter space, and... Read More >
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Filipino Spicy Gambas Recipe (Spicy Prawns) >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>