How to cook Bringhe
There are lots of great tasting dishes which came from the Kapampangan delicacies and one of them is the Bringhe Recipe. It is the local version of the world famous “Arroz Valenciana” which originated from the northern part of the Philippines in the province of Pampanga.
Bringhe Recipe is made with glutinous rice then cooked with a combination of coconut milk, must be fresh for a more delicious result and “luyang dilaw” also known as turmeric powder which causes the dish to be yellow in color and gives a distinct appetizing flavor; it is then covered with banana leaves until it is cooked. The banana leaves complement this dish which gives a sweet and heavenly aroma.
Brighe Recipe is usually served by Kapampangans (people who live in Pampanga) – during special occasions like holidays and town fiestas to show hospitality to their guests. Considering that this dish is such a crowd pleaser that most of the visitors in the province always ask for this delectable Kampampangan delicacy.
- 1/2 kilo boneless and skinless chicken meat, sliced into cubes
- 2 pcs chorizo bilbao, sliced into half inch thick
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red medium bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green medium bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 1/4 cup glutinous rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can 400ml coconut milk or 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 1/2 tbsp Patis (fish sauce)
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and quartered
- banana leaves, must be wilted to be used for cooking finale.
Watch How to cook Bringhe:
Bringhe Cooking Instructions:
- Using a large wok, heat oil, then add-in all bell peppers, then saute until the bell peppers are tender but still crispy then remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add-in the chorizo bilbao and Fry until lightly brown-colored then remove from the wok and set aside.
- After removing the bilbao, add-in onions, next add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes then add-in the chicken and stir-fry, until lightly browned about 5 minutes .
- Add-in Patis(fish sauce) to the chicken and mix then continue to fry for 3 minutes.
- Add-in glutinous rice and mix well then stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth and coconut milk then add-in raisins, chorizo bilbao and the red/green bell peppers.
- Spread the turmeric powder into the mixture then stir to fully mix the powder.
- Add-in salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Cover until it boils, it will take about 5 minutes, make sure to stir occasionally to avoid burning at the bottom of the wok.
- Bring the heat to low fire and continue to cook, covered for about 15 minutes.
- When Bringhe is nearly dry, cut the banana leaves to cover it until glutinous rice is fully cooked will take about 10 mins.
- Transfer Bringhe onto serving plate then decorate with the quartered eggs on top.
- Serve while it’s hot.
Bringhe Recipe is a flavorful Kapampangan delicacy, the Filipino version of the world famous “Arroz Valenciana”
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Toblerone Muffins Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>