How to cook Bringhe
There are lots of great tasting dishes which came from the Kapampangan delicacies and one of them is the Bringhe Recipe. It is the local version of the world famous “Arroz Valenciana” which originated from the northern part of the Philippines in the province of Pampanga.
Bringhe Recipe is traditionally made with glutinous rice cooked in a combination of fresh coconut milk and turmeric powder or locally known as “luyang dilaw” which causes the dish to be yellow in color and gives a distinct appetizing flavor; it is then covered with banana leaves until it is cooked. The banana leaves complement this dish which gives a sweet and heavenly aroma.
Brighe Recipe is usually served by Kapampangans (people who live in Pampanga) – during special occasions like holidays and town fiestas to show hospitality to their guests. Considering that this dish is such a crowd pleaser that most of the visitors in the province always ask for this delectable Kampampangan delicacy.
- 1/2 kilo boneless and skinless chicken meat, sliced to 1-inch cubes
- 2 pieces chorizo de bilbao, sliced to 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1/4 cup glutinous rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can 400ml coconut milk or 1 1/2 cups fresh coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and quartered
- banana leaves, wilted (for cooking finale)
Watch How to cook Bringhe:
Bringhe Cooking Instructions:
- In a large wok heat oil. Add bell peppers and cook for about 30 seconds or until tender yet crisp then remove from heat and set aside.
- Fry chorizo bilbao and cook for about 2 minutes or until lightly browned then emove from heat and set aside.
- In the same wok, add onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes then add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned about 5 minutes .
- Add fish sauce to the chicken and mix then continue to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add glutinous rice and mix well, stirring regularly, for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth and coconut milk then add chorizo bilbao, raisins and bell peppers.
- Add turmeric powder and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust heat to low and continue to cook, covered for about 15 minutes.
- When the Bringhe is almost dry, cut the banana leaves to cover it and continue to cook for about 10 minutes or until rice is fully cooked.
- Transfer Bringhe onto serving plate and garnish with the quartered eggs.
- Serve while it’s hot.
Bringhe Recipe is a flavorful Kapampangan delicacy, the Filipino version of the world famous “Arroz Valenciana”
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>