GD Star Rating
Brazo de Mercedes a Creme-filled Log Cake, made of Meringue rolls filled with golden yellow custard filling. Â Brazo de Mercedes is a popular snack or merienda dessert in the Philippines.
Brazo de Mercedes Ingredients:
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup finely ground and toasted cashew nuts
- 10 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Brazo de Mercedes Cooking Instructions:
- In a saucepan, simmer milk over low heat until reduced to 2 cups. Add sugar, butter, and vanilla extract, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks in mixing bowl. Add a little of the milk to the egg yolks, stir, then gradually add mixture by spoonfuls back into the saucepan, beating constantly. Stir well to avoid curdling.
- Add cashew nuts and continue cooking entire mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture has the consistency of a paste. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine eggs and Cream if Tartar then Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating continuously. Stir in vanilla.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper greased with butter and spread meringue on top. Bake until brown.
- Spread filling evenly on top of meringue and roll into a log.
- Brush with butter and brown again in oven.
Brazo de Mercedes Recipe,
Tags: Brazo de Mercedes
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Recommended Filipino Recipe Books:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipes:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>